End of the Rainbow Bank Trap
- 60 Mins
- Lucky Charms Limited-Edition Chocolate
- Construction Paper
- Hot Glue
- Two (2) 8x19" Foam Core Boards
- White Balloons
- Glitter Paper
- 18" Guage Floral Wire
- Paint & Brush
- Gem Stickers
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Colorful Duct Tape (Rainbow Colors)
- 1.5" Hole Punch
- Gather your supplies!
- Follow the instructions on the bottom of your Limited-Edition Chocolate Lucky Charms Mid-Size box for how to cut and set your trap.
- Make Your Leprechaun Bank trap look extra enticing by decorating it with gems and stickers. You don’t want to scare any leprechauns away, so keep the Leprechaun Trap sign hidden!
Create The Rainbow
- Gather duct tape and cut each color into 3-foot-long strips. Attach the strips to each other, creating a rainbow-like pattern by slightly overlapping each strip of tape and keeping the sticky side up. The rainbow should be around 8” wide.
- Attach foam core pieces on each end of the rainbow, matching up the edges of the rainbow pattern you just created to the 8” foam core board.
- To give your rainbow the perfect arch, lay three pieces of wire on top of the rainbow (one on each end and one in the middle).
- To create the underside of the rainbow, repeat step one to create a mirrored reflection of the first side, making sure to line each color up with the same color.
- Carefully bend the wire inside the rainbow into an arch to allow the foam core to stand on its ends and build your standing rainbow.
- To create clouds, blow up white balloons and attach to the bottom of the rainbow.
Build The Houses
- To create the bases of the houses, paint toilet paper rolls a variety of colors.
- Cut construction paper into window and door shapes, and make them magical by coloring and adding gems to them for door handles. Glue these to the tubes once the tubes have dried.
- Cut a rectangle of paper roughly 2.5”x 1.5” and fold it in half. Set it on top of the tubes to create rooftops.
Lay the Gold Coin Road
- Use the hole-punch on glitter paper to and lay them in a line extending from the door of the bank to create a gold coin pathway.
- Place Lucky Charms marshmallows along the road to lure a Leprechaun your way! Sending all the magic your way for capturing a leprechaun this year. Happy trapping!
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device