- 30 Mins
- Construction Paper
- Lucky Charms Cereal Box
- Hot Glue
- 4 Toothpicks
- Small Container / Couldron
- Disposable Cup
- Pipe Cleaners
- Pom Balls
- Gather your supplies.
Decorate Your Box
- Remove the bag of cereal from inside of your Lucky Charms box. Glue or tape the box closed again, and then use your imagination to decorate the cereal box!
Build The Trap
- Stack 3 craft sticks vertically on top of another, overlapping them slightly. Glue them together to form one long line of craft sticks.
- Repeat step one, using just 2 craft sticks to create a shorter version.
- Glue the shorter version to the longer one, creating a “L” shaped post with the sticks.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 so that you have 2 “L” shaped posts..
- Grab one “L” shaped post and glue the end of a toothpick on the outer thin edge of both the ends as well as at the right angle part of the post. Glue another toothpick on the outer thin edge centered on the long end.
- Take this post with the 4 toothpicks and glue the second post to the other end of the toothpick to form the trap structure.
- Hold the structure to form an upside down “L” and glue it to an end of the cereal box so the structure hangs over the center of the box
- To make the trap work, cut a piece of string about 20” long and glue one side of it to the bottom of a plastic cup that will be used as the cage to trap your leprechaun in. Decorate the bottom of the cup by gluing pom balls on!
- Glue the other end of the string to a craft stick.
- Weave the string over the toothpicks on your trap structure and place the craft stick under a small cauldron of Lucky Charms cereal. When the leprechauns come and eat from the bowl of cereal, the trap will drop down and (hopefully) capture one!
Make a Ladder
- Cut one pipe cleaner in half. This will be the sides of your ladder!
- Cut another pipe cleaner in four equal pieces and use those for the rungs. Attach these to the sides of the ladder, making sure that the leprechauns can climb up and get to the bowl of cereal you set out. We’re wishing you all the luck in trapping a leprechaun this year!
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device