Charm Inn Trap
- 45 Mins
- Lucky Charms Limited-Edition Red Box
- Hot Glue
- Multi-Colored Construction Paper
- Pipe Cleaners
- Glue Stick
- Gem Stickers
- Gather your supplies!
- Follow the instructions on the bottom of your Lucky Charms Limited-Edition red box for how to cut and set your trap.
- Make the Charm Inn look extra magical by decorating it with glitter and gems. You don’t want to scare any leprechauns away, so keep the Leprechaun Trap sign hidden!
Create the Hot Air Balloon
- Use the hot air balloon template provided to cut balloon shapes from six pieces of colored construction paper.
- Fold each balloon in half and glue one half of a folded balloon to another half of another cut out balloon. Continue doing this until all balloon cutouts have been glued together. Then, glue the first and last balloon together to achieve the Hot Air Balloon shape.
- Using the template page provided, cut the circle and basket base out of construction paper. Then, put a dollop of hot glue in the center of the circle, and stick the hot air balloon on it.
- Use instructions from the template to fold construction paper into the basket shape and glue together.
- Cut two straws in half to create four short straws. Each straw should be hot glued to each inside corner of the basket base. The tops of the straws should then be glued to the bottom of the circle to create your completed hot air balloon.
- Decorate your basket with pipe cleaners and gems.
Create a Rainbow Path
- Cut construction paper into skinny, wavy strips and glue them together to mimic a winding road.
- Place the Rainbow Path at the entrance of your trap once it’s fully constructed. Be sure to add Lucky Charms cereal around the path to lure any traveling leprechauns inside!
Build a Forest
- Build a forest using the tree templates provided to make the leprechaun feel more at home. Cut them out and slide them together. Build as many or as few as you’d like!
- Lucky will be trapped if he climbs the ladder of your hot air balloon and falls into the hidden false floor when he reaches the top!
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device