Skip to content
Bug Catcher Trap
- 20 Mins
- Construction Paper
- Lucky Charms Cereal
- Hot Glue
- Glue Stick
- Bug Catcher
- St. Patrick's day decorations / supplies
- Gather your supplies
Decorate Your Bug Catcher
- Grab your bug catcher and decorate the outside of it with paint, stickers, glue, glitter and anything else you have on hand to make it look extra magical for the leprechauns.
- Be sure to fill the inside of your trap with bright colored pom balls, gold coins and Lucky Charms to get the leprechauns to head inside.
Create a Rainbow Path
- Cut construction paper into skinny, wavy strips and glue them together to mimic a winding road.
- Place the Rainbow Path at the entrance of your trap once it’s fully constructed. Be sure to add Lucky Charms cereal around the path to lure any traveling leprechauns inside!
Build A Sign
- Create a sign to lure leprechauns inside of your trap using construction paper.
- Cut a few straws in half and then tape or glue them to the back of your sign.
- Finally, cut a circle out of construction paper to create your sign’s base and glue the straws to the center of your circle. Good luck trapping leprechauns this year!