Book To Life Trap
- 60 Mins
- Lucky Charms Cereal Box
- Magic Inside Book
- Hot Glue
- Popsicle Sticks
- Construction Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Tube (Paper Towel)
- Gather your supplies!
Decorate Your Cereal Box & Create a Book Stand
- On the right half of the back of the cereal box, cut a rectangle out from top to bottom, leaving a small border around the outside.
- Cut each color of construction paper into 1” strips, making sure they are slightly longer than the width of the cereal box.
- Glue rainbow strips to the box. Make sure the strips cover your trap floor. Set aside to dry.
- Wrap paper towel roll in construction paper of your choosing.
- Cut slits diagonally in a paper towel roll to hold the book open.
- Glue the book-stand to the rainbow side of the box, with the slits facing upward.
- Place your book in the stand, opening it to a page that you think will entice Lucky.
Build the Picket Fence
- Cut 1 craft stick into two equal parts to create the fence posts.
- Glue 3 full-length craft sticks to the fence posts, equally spacing them from top to bottom.
- Build a base for your fence by cutting another craft stick into 4 small pieces and gluing them to the bottom of each fence post.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to create as many fence segments as you like.
Create the Flower Path
- Cut circles of tissue paper in various sizes.
- Layer 2-3 pieces of tissue paper.
- Place the eraser end of a pencil in the center of the top of the layered tissue paper circles and twist into a flower shape.
- Create as many flowers as you’d like and lay two paths in front of your trap as a walkway for Lucky. Don’t forget to sprinkle Lucky Charms marshmallows in your pathway to entice Lucky to read your book and trap him! Good luck!
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device